This versatile recipe is the key to any breakfast of big game champions, but we like it best served up sandwich-style with crispy bread, melted cheese and a runny yoke. It’s a wildly delicious combo in every bite.
- 1 lb ground venison (or any wild game really)
- 1/2 ground pork
- 1 cup onion - grated
- 1 cup granny smith apple - grated
- 2 1/2 tbsp of fresh sage - minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds
- (big) pinch of red pepper ﬂakes
- Gruyere or Cheddar Cheese
- Ciabatta Bun
- 1 fried egg
- Combine venison, pork, onion, apple and spices into a bowl.
- Shape into patties.
- Coat not-stick griddle and cook over med heat until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Fry an egg. We recommend a runny yoke!
- Toast a ciabatta bun or sourdough bread.
- Top the bottom bun with cheese then add sausage patty, fried egg and the other half of the bun. Warm buns and hot sausage will melt the cheese.